OUR SERVICESWe offer universal and customized solutions for research and development of circulating biomarkers.
We have developed comprehensive workflow allowing the selective recovery and enrichment of tumor-shed Extra-Cellular Vesicles (EVs) including Exosomes, as well as other EVs of distinct tissue origin, from routine clinical samples such as blood and urine. Circulating EVs are privileged source of protected and concentrated surrogate tissue markers for noninvasive testing.
Exosomics offers a portfolio of customizable services in order to find the optimal solution based on your need and timeline.
Isolation of EVs and/or cell-free DNA/RNA
Optimized extraction for high quality DNA/RNA
- EV Characterization
- Sensitive but affordable qPCR
- Validation with dPCR
- Open solutions serving proprietary PCR and NGS platforms.
Standard EV isolation and characterization
State-of-art methods for EV isolation, quantification and characterization are available, in line with international guidelines and standards.
Liquid Biopsy Pathfinder LBP™
All three components of a liquid biopsy work flow (isolation, extraction and detection) need to be tailored to the target. Various genomic alterations in cancer tissue that are of clinical and research interest can be targets for liquid biopsy approaches, including point mutations, copy number variations, rearrangements/fusions, methylation. Dependent on the tumor type and phenotype, tissue of origin, sorting mechanisms, relative abundance in the biofluid, and the biofluid background, different alterations can be differently represented in different sample fractions (ctDNA vs. EV-DNA vs. EV-RNA, different EV subclasses). In order to best balance the yield, the quality and ultimately signal – to- background (i.e. mutation – to- wt) ratio we have a range of solutions for isolation and extraction that are compatible with downstream analytical method of choice. Such an approach faces the major challenge of biofluid biopsies – typically low concentration of tissue derived markers and in plasma/serum and sample fragmentation.
Besides, LBP features the first true enrichment of tumor derived targets prior to extraction and analysis, enabling the detection of scarce genomic alterations (eg. at early time points), in particular other than point mutations and fusions, such as gene amplification and methylation that require high representation of the target with respect to background signal.
LBP Key metrics:
- Genomic alterations analysed: point mutations (qualitative and quantitative analysis), amplification, fusions, isoforms;
- Isolation method: proprietary isolation reagents with different specificity for recovery of circulating nucleic acids and circulating EVs. Optimized sample processing allows to distinguish different EV subclasses;
- Extraction method: specifically optimized to prompt high yield and quality of either DNA or RNA;
- Sensitivity: estimated for mutated allele frequency 0.1% or lower, dependent on detection method (selective PCR or dPCR);
- NGS: through strategic partnership we offer a range of NGS analysis. Project parameters (coverage and number of targets) are customized to the user’s needs.
- Cost effective service – competitive prices;
- Flexibility – repertoire of isolation and extraction methods to meet different needs;
- Accommodates low sample volumes;
- State-of-art detection technology – access to target enrichment methods. and dPCR and sequencing platforms;
- Professional Team – comprehensive analysis and interpretation, including sample and data quality control, co-segregation markers, analytically validated assay prototype, validation services;
- Sample input: Plasma or serum, 0.5-2 ml, Urine 2-10 ml;
- Turn-around time for the project: 4-6 weeks.
Companion diagnostic services
One of the undiscussed needs of the modern medicine is assigning the right therapy to the right group of patients. This is what precision medicine stands for: accounting for the fact that only a fraction of patients with similar clinical profile will actually respond to any given therapy. While the factors determining the response to conventional oncological drugs can be complex, novel therapies developed to address defined molecular targets in the tumor tissue are mehanicistically easer to affront in terms of patients stratification. Liquid biopsy are representative of primary tumor heterogeneity and are in particular real-time indicators of heterogeneity occurring during tumor evolution during recurrence and metastasization. Besides companion diagnostics for acknowledged drug targets, limited response to existing drugs and the development of resistance in initial responders to targeted therapies impacts both the success of treatment and the overall costs.
Exosomics is the right companion diagnostic partner
to support your therapeutic pipeline and clinical trials
We exploit our proprietary reagents and finely tuned protocols to build-up innovative blood and urine based tests that can help advancing your efforts to bring effective precision cancer therapies to the market. Using our LBP™ Platform and EVScreen™ platform we offer following spectrum of companion diagnostic services:
- Non-invasive specimen collection and accommodation of low sample volumes (0.5-2 ml of plasma, 5-10 ml of urine sample). SOPs for sample harvesting and storage, friendly to ship, low sample handling;
- Flexibility and collaborative project scheme – tailored to the client and market needs;
- Feasibility and Concept Study;
- Qualitative and Quantitative detection of biomarker of interest;
- Biomarker assay (immunoassays and molecular Dx assays) development and analytical validation;
- Prototype kit development;
- Clinical validation support;
- Commercialization of kits to global markets.
For customized product scheme and timeline: